Create Micro-Architecture and Software Specification (MASS) Document
designed through our methodology that would enable developers or
enthusiasts to modify Rocket-Chip’s modules and create an Intellectual
Property (IP) using it.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) principles and high-level Functional
Programming concepts were used to better understand the structure of the
- Flowcharts, UML Class Diagrams and Block Diagrams were made to
understand the in-depth functionality of each module inside the Rocket-Chip.
Complexity of Task
- Rocket-Chip contains 328 source files of Scala in 23 directories, and 33,427
total lines of Scala code.
- To the best of our knowledge there is no previous MASS Document of
Rocket-Chip available for micro-architecture as well as software level
- Integrate peripherals with the Rocket-Chip SoC that are not available in the
Rocket-Chip repository which includes GPIO, I2C, JTAG etc.
- Creates parameterizable Micro-Architecture.
- Extend to include the any Extensions.